Thursday, May 27, 2010

For all you Brat Pack fans...

This is just for grown-ups. Are any of you big Molly Ringwald fans like me? She was my idol in middle school and I have a soft spot for all her teen movies and all the other movies with those same actors that came out at the same time. John Cusack is another one whose movies I love. Say Anything was the start of my crush. In spite of the horrific cover, which my husband actually pointed out to me is a pretty good illustration of what movie posters were like back then, I highly recommend You Couldn't Ignore Me If You Tried: The Brat Pack, John Hughes, and Their Impact on a Generation, by Susannah Gora. I couldn't put it down. It is a long book with small type and no pictures, but I finished it in 3 days. If you want all the behind-the scenes details of the making of all those movies and want to know what those stars have been up to, you have to read this book!

No comments: