Saturday, May 2, 2009

Carl Hiaasen: Fun for the Whole Family

My most recent favorite author is Carl Hiaasen. His books are entertaining, quick reads and I LOVE them. There is a definite environmental focus in most of his books (although not all), many of them are mystery/suspense, and most of them take place in Florida. He has some bizarre and somewhat twisted plots in most of his books, and they are all great fun to read. Some of his more quirky characters make appearances in multiple books, but he doesn't write sequels, and you don't need to read his books in any kind of order. He writes for adults, teens, and older elementary kids. Here is just a sampling:

Adults
Basket Case
Nature Girl
Skinny Dip
Stormy Weather

Teens
Scat

Teens/Kids
Flush
Hoot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids and I love your children books! You must really enjoy writing them because when I start reading I cant put the book down. I have to drag my daughter away from reading! its amazing! My family and I cant wait until the next new obook comes out!
-The olsons

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Katie Olson and I am 13 years old. I absolutly love these books! I read every single one of them! And enjoyed each one! These books are funny, eventfull, clever, sometimes even shocking!! I cant believe how great thses books are! My favorite is scat, then flush, then hoot! I enjoyed them all so much!!