Saturday, March 14, 2009

Your Reading List

Did you know that since our library catalog was upgraded, you can now keep your own lists on your library account? I have two lists: To Read and 2009 Already Read. Now with my To Read list I can keep track of all the books I want to read in one place. It really bugs me when I remember a book I've read but can't remember it's title. With my 2009 Already Read list, I can just pull up my list and jog my memory. To start a list:
  1. Go to Washington County Cooperative Library Services and search for an item using our online library catalog.
  2. Once you find the item you want, click on Add to My List to place it in a Working List. Search for as many items as you want and add them to your Working List.
  3. When you are done and want to make a list for your own account, look on the left side of your screen where you will see a column that begins with Language. The next heading is My Lists. Under My Lists, click on the Show List Details link.
  4. At the right side of your Working List, you will see a link that says Log in to save titles to your account. Click on that link.
  5. Enter your library card number and password (remember, if you didn't pick a password when you registered for your library card, the default password is the last four digits of your phone number).
  6. Click on Create new saved title list.
  7. Click OK to the disclaimer.
  8. Enter any name you want for your list.
Keep in mind that once you leave the WCCLS website, unless you have saved your titles into a list on your account, you will lose all of the titles from the Working List.

The next time you want to add a book to a list you have created, when you log in, your Working List will give you the choice to Delete, Copy to:, or Move to: a current list or a new list. If you want to look at one of your lists, just look to the left of your screen to see the Saved Title Lists under My Lists. Click on whichever list you want, and it is very easy to move items from one list to another.

No comments: