Monday, March 30, 2009

What do tweens read?

Ah, tweens, that modern day creation to label those inbetween ages. Too grown up for little chapter books, not quite ready for the teen section. What does a tween read?

One of my favorite go-to sites for book suggestions is a blog by school librarian Stacy Dillon Welcome to My Tweendom. With a wide variety of suggestions and great reviews, this site is perfect for creating a reading list for your tween. Some of the titles reviewed are previews, so they won't be available at the library until later. Of course, if we've ordered a title you can request it at any time.

Check out her site for great book ideas. You might just find something you want to read as well!

2 comments:

max said...

I always appreciate finding others who are concerned about helping children become readers.

That's because I grew up as a reluctant reader. And my father was the author of over 70 books. Now I write action-adventure and mystery books especially for tween boys. My blog, Books for boys, http://booksandboys.blogspot.com is # 4 on Google today.

Keep up your good work!

Max Elliot Anderson

Stasia D said...

Thanks for the shout out! Keep the tweens reading!