Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wiggling Away from the Wiggles

Tired of listening to all of the traditional kids' songs that your kids love to hear OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER? Try some CDs that you might actually enjoy listening to with them. There is a great blog that I use to help me purchase music for our collection:

http://kidsmusicthatrocks.blogspot.com/

Some popular artists including Lisa Loeb (Catch the Moon and Camp Lisa), Bare Naked Ladies (Snacktime), and They Might Be Giants (Here Come the 123s and Here Come the ABCs) are now making music for kids that adults also will enjoy. You might also want to check out Justin Roberts, Brady Rymer, Uncle Rock, and Dan Zanes. These guys may have gotten their starts doing kids' music, but their music is enjoyable for people of all ages.

If you have a favorite CD you enjoy with your kids that the library doesn't own, let me know and I'll see if I can find it for our library.

No comments: