Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Family That Plays Together...

Sunday, November 9, at 1:30 p.m., families are invited to stop by the Puett Room for Family Game Day. I must admit, I'm a little competitive when it comes to board games (just ask any of the teens who challenge me at Boggle at Teen Game Fests!). Thinking of board games, however, I remembered that earlier this year I read The Gollywhopper Games by Jody Feldman (J FELDMAN).
Twelve year old Gil Goodson has been having a rough time, ever since his father was accused of embezzling (and fired) from his job at Golly Toy and Game Company. Gil sees his and his families redemption in winning in a major gaming challenge. Gil and thousands of other hopeful kids compete in trivia, word, and logic games. (I dare you not to try to solve the puzzles before the kids!) A fast and fun story of friendship, competition and sportsmanship.

No comments: