Saturday, August 20, 2016

Bring Your Own Binder- Study Skills Workshop


Look at this incredibly 80s Trapper Keeper. I was looking at bindesr on Google images for this post and I saw this and was like, OMG, I use to own this! I was immediately transported back to a time when the brand of your school supplies was important and everyone in my class traded in eraser shavings. Why? I'm not sure, but I know the rare colors were the most valuable. Also, rubbing the hard metal side of a ruler against an eraser is apparently the most efficient way to produce the biggest volume of tradeable shavings. In case you need to know.

Anyway, kids. Bring Your Own Binder to our study skills workshop on Wednesday, August 24 from 5-7 p.m. in the Burgess Community Room. Folks going into grades 6-9 are welcome for this presentation by teachers from the Huntington Learning Center about tools and skills you need to be successful in school. This information will be especially useful to students entering 6th grade or 9th grade who will soon be coping with a new set of expectations at school. We'll provide some extra school supplies and snacks. Be there!

No comments: