Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite Book Fridays: The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

I bet you never knew that Snow White's Prince Charming was a strange, wimpy little guy with no friends. And I bet you never knew that Rapunzel actually had to rescue her 6' 7" runt of the family Prince Charming, not the other way around. And I bet you never knew that Cinderella's Prince Charming would rather spend time preening in front of a mirror than saving princesses and kingdoms. And I bet you never knew that Sleeping Beauty was a spoiled brat that her Prince Charming decided he didn't even want to marry! Well, according to The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom, by Christopher Healy, that's the truth.

In this action-packed comedic adventure, the lives of the four princesses and their princes intersect, with a real focus on the princes instead of the princesses. A hilarious slant on the traditional fairy tales. I would recommend for about third grade and up.

No comments: