Friday, May 18, 2012

Favorite Book Fridays: Zin! Zin! Zin!: A Violin

When I was in graduate school working on my MLIS, in one of my classes we held a Mock Caldecott competition.  The books we looked at were all of the Caldecott Honor Books that were awarded within a five year period (at the time).  Out of those books, each team in my class had to choose our mock winning title among those books.  Zin! Zin! Zin!: A Violin was the winner for my team.  I just absolutely love the book with its whimiscal looking musicians (because I'm a musician myself).  The coloring is bright and fun while reflecting the movement of music.  The book also makes a great introduction to music and musical instruments for youngsters.  After reading the book, watch the DVD...as it is just as good, if not better!!!

No comments: