Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Growing on Me

Do you ever first pick up a book and immediately not like it, but decide to persevere and end up loving it? I found a series of picture books like that: Adventure of Meno, by Tony DiTerlizzi of Spiderwick fame. The cover of the book immediately caught my attention because it was so cute. I checked the book out and read it to my son. I just didn't get it. But for some reason, my son loved it. So I checked out a few more from the series, and I have to admit, Meno has grown on me, and now I look forward to reading them to my son. Meno and his friends, Yamagoo, Wishi and Zanzibar are always dealing with some kind of every day situation: Meno is sick, Yamagoo misses his friends, etc. My two favorites, Wet Friend and Uh Oh Sick! even include a couple of celebrities from my generation (I'll let you check them out to find out who). I think it's hilarious, and even though my son doesn't know these celebrities from Adam, he laughs as much as I do!

No comments: