Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dogs & Tales



Do you have a child who could use a helping "paw" with reading? The library's Dogs & Tales program starts again on September 9th. What's Dogs & Tales you ask? Every Wednesday evening from 6-7:30 two pet therapy teams come to the library so that kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade have a chance to read to a dog! Did you know dogs are non-judgemental, kind and attentive listeners? Yup, and ours sure love books, and kids too. If you are interested in signing your child up for a 20-minute time slot, or you just want to know more about this cool program, please call 503-684-6537 and ask for the Children's department. We register up to two weeks in advance. To quote one of our seven-year-old Dogs & Tales regulars: "When I have to read in class at school and I get nervous, I just pretend that I am reading to one of the dogs and I feel better!"


No comments: