Wednesday, April 8, 2009

For Bug Lovers (and their parents)

Last summer the summer reading program theme was all about bugs. I focused heavily on bugs in my story times, and as a result I have a list of great bug books that bug lovers might like. Unless otherwise indicated, you can find the books in the Picture Books section by the last name of the author.

Barner, Bob. Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! (J 595. 7 BAR)
Cronin, Doreen. Diary of a Fly
Cronin, Doreen. Diary of a Spider
Cronin, Doreen. Diary of a Worm
Egielski, Richard. Buz
Ehlert, Lois. Waiting for Wings
Fleming, Denise. Beetle Bop
Florian, Douglas. Insectlopedia (J 811 FLO)
Kirk, David. Little Miss Spider
Manning, Mick. Yuck!
Prince, Joshua. I Saw an Ant in a Parking Lot
Prince, Joshua. I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Track
Provost, Elizabeth. Ten Little Sleepyheads
Ross, Michael Elsohn. Snug as a Bug
Sturges, Philemon. I Love Bugs!
Trapani, Iza. The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Westcott, Nadine Bernard. I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly

No comments: